Digital Arts Network \ Auckland
Moved to an Experience designer role where I had a hand in both UI & UX design.
• Countdown Pharmacy: Created a design system for a brand new Countdown Pharmacy website.
Working with both Accenture and Karmarama clients such as UK Government, Astrazeneca and Ministry of Defence.
Worked in multiple teams and projects:
• Plan My Bathroom: A new tool from B&Q that enables users to create the bathroom of their dreams.
• Design My Space: A website that enables people to improve their homes by giving them the knowledge and tools to do so.
• Design System team: My main responsibility was to ensure all digital touch points have a consistent look and feel. Along with talking to all the feature teams to ensure everyone is happy with the direction of designs.
Also ran the Design Guild which was a meet up of all designers within Kingfisher Digital and ran a mix of workshops, presentations and events.
• Created a new digital identity for the brand to be used across websites, apps & other digital touch points.
• Took the lead on a redesign of the new portr.com website, booking system and internal delivery app as well folding feedback from senior stakeholders, marketing and sales teams into updates.
• Began user testing to explore ideas within the Portr booking system which needed to be expanded to accommodate a new product in partnership with British Airways.
• Further built on the new digital identity to create a set of guidelines for all employees with information about typography, colour, iconography, tone, style & illustrations.
Seven Seconds + BBH
I was brought in to work primarily within Boots BetaLab — an ideas lab made up with members of Boots, Seven Seconds, and Accenture. The workload consisted of quickly prototyping and testing ideas such as digital advantage cards, weight loss programmes, and package tracking + delivery methods. Any ideas that worked and tested well were then combined into a full redesign of the Boots app with a fresh new UI kit.
As well as working on Boots I worked on other clients such as British Airways, Virgin Media and PayDashboard.
Basically I designed a lot of cool stuff.
Working as part of the Digital Platforms Team, I was tasked with creating visually stimulating and engaging web interfaces. Notable contributions to the company include:
• Design lead on a new checkout process
• Design lead and UX support on Burberry World (an internal social network)
• Design support to other projects including burberry.com, a stock lookup app, an MPOS app
• Updates to the visual language and identity used throughout all platforms.
Over the years my role in the company developed and evolved which enabled me to work on a wide variety of projects. These have included: A redesign of the company and product identities, website development & maintenance, web application interfaces and creation of print advertising such as tube adverts, flyers, tees and trade show stands.
Will talk about guitars and effects pedals for ages too